This week my husband was out of town so I was a temporary single mom. Man oh man! Single moms, I don’t know how you do it but you guys rock! So glad for my man to be home (and not just for shared parenting purposes) today.
Here are a few of my favorite things from this week.
1. OK to Wake Alarm Clock – We got this alarm clock this week and I can’t wait to try it out tonight. The OK to Wake setting allows you to set an alarm (either light or noise) to let your kiddos know when it’s ok to get out of bed. We’re hoping this will keep the girls in their room past 6:30 am on the weekends. It’s so cute that they’re excited about it and think it’s a present for them when it’s really a present for mommy and daddy. Want to give it a try? I picked up this clock at Target but I’ve seen similar items on Amazon.
2. Clean Chai Tea Latte Recipe – I’m a self proclaimed Starbucks junkie but who can afford to go their everyday (if the answer is you, you should start taking me). Their drinks are also not the healthiest. I whipped up this recipe for a clean chai tea latte you can make in the comfort of your own home for a fraction of the cost and calories. I drink it everyday, in my Starbucks cup of course.
3. New Shoes – seriously how was I supposed to not buy these. I love the fun punch of color for spring to spice up my mostly black and denim wardrobe.
4. March Fitness Challenge – whoa baby! When I decided to do this full body fitness challenge for the month of March, I didn’t realize how tough it would be. I made the mistake of trying to knock out 100 push ups on Monday in one sitting. Yeah right! Talk about jello arms. I started splitting these up into 5 sets of 20 throughout my day, which is still a challenge but doable. I’ve woken up sore every day this week so it’s obviously working. No pain, no gain!
5. Netflix – We finished House of Cards Season 3 last weekend and it was amazing! Such a smart glimpse into the world of politics and the White House. Now, what should we watch next? Leave your suggestions in the comments section.
We’re excited for nice weather for the weekend. We’ll be hanging out with the girls and then heading to a concert on Sunday night (who schedules a concert on a Sunday? Clearly I’m old). Have a great weekend people!
PS: This post contains affiliate and referral links. I only talk about products that I actually use and I always give my honest opinion (otherwise that would be lame). If you decide to use my links to purchase these products (or other products), I get a little cash to help support my family (and my Starbucks addiction).